Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some books that i really like so much

1. I KISSED DATING GOODBYE

A book about relationship by Joshua Harris which open my mind so much. You should read this! It's a very nice book! Let me quote this "The book focuses on Harris' disenchantment with the contemporary secular dating scene, and offers ideas for improvement, alternative dating/courting practices, and a view that singleness need not be a burden nor characterized by what Harris describes as "selfishness." He popularized the concept of "courting" as an alternative to regular secular dating, and in doing so has caused quite a lot of discussion regarding the appropriateness of his solutions to regular dating as well as the foundations on which he bases his reasoning."


2. THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE

Mmm.. actually i've not finished this book yet, because it requires 40 days consistently for reading it. We should read each chapter by each day, that's why.. it makes me take a very long time to read it. Haha..
"What on Earth Am I Here For?". This book gives you the answer for that.
The book of Rick Warren offers readers a 40-day personal spiritual journey, and presents what Warren says are God's five purposes for human life on Earth.


3. BOY MEETS GIRL

Uuu.. I've not read it at all, but i've bought it since 3,5 months ago. hehe.. (but i'll read it sooner, cos i know that it's important ;p). This book is the continuation of I Kissed Dating Goodbye. Joshua Harris as the author said " wrote Boy Meets Girl the year after I was married. It was a great chance to answer many of the questions that were raised by my first book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye. I know the last thing most singles want is more rules and, in Boy Meets Girl, I wanted to offer an alternative: an intentional, God-pleasing game plan for finding a future spouse. In the book, I discuss how biblical courtship (a healthy, joyous alternative to recreational dating) worked for me and my wife Shannon, to give an encouraging and practical example for readers wanting to pursue the possibility of marriage with someone they're serious about. This updated version includes a new foreword, a new chapter, an all-new "8 Great Courtship Conversations" section, and some updated material throughout."
Do you interested? Buy it. Hehe.. ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... dari 3 nya cuman purpose of driven life yg udah aku baca... :D

tapi blom slesai.... Gak ada maju2nya implementasi buku itu.. banyakan gagalnya aku.. :( hihihih

oh iya, buku ini dalam versi bahsa batak toba udah ada lho.. tapi blom di publish seh.. doakan aja dalam waktu cepat direalese ama beliau.. biar enak dibagikan buat orang tua.. :D

Met Kenal yah..

klo ada waktu berkunjung ke rumahku yg tak seberapa ini yak
www.pardosa.co.cc

Horas